Monday, August 21

Off to a rough start this morning.  Mainly because I get frustrated if things do not go exactly as I'd like them to.  We did our routine in a different order this morning and I felt thrown off.  But we watched the solar eclipse.  Bowen was more interested than Henry.  He and Michael watched a few videos explaining the eclipse and B seemed to get it.

Let the boys play mostly until lunch.  Ate lunch and read our Bible story (1 Samuel, Saul and Samuel) then gave the boys some coloring to do and put Ollie down for nap.  Told the boys if they did the reading lesson with me while Ollie napped then they could have ice cream. 

Reading/phonics is going well.  Much more practice needed though.  Bowen is starting to slowly catch on, Henry picks up a little here and there. 

Boys ate ice cream then went to their room for quiet time with Kindles.  They chose Disney Junior today. 

I read for most of the time during quiet time.

Boys back to playing but themselves now and Ollie is awake.

I'm remembering today that it's ok to be more disciplined with the kids.  I tend to let them do their own thing too much.  It's ok to say, "no, right now we're doing this.  You must do this." Such an odd thing to think that'd be hard to do, but it is for me. 

Maybe we'll read from Lion, Witch, Wardrobe later.

Comments

Popular Posts